Live-Blogging Lost 5.5 This Place is Death February 12, 2009Posted by Amy Yen in Lost, TV.
Tags: Amy Yen, Lost, Lost 5.5, Lost Charlotte, Lost live-blog, Lost Mrs. Hawking, Lost Rousseau, Lost season 5 episode 5, Lost smoke monster, Lost This Place is Death, StrawGrasping
add a comment
8:59 – Trying out live-blogging again. Previously on Lost, Charlotte was time travel sick, but was feeling better, Juliet (NO!) & Miles (NOOOOOOO!) also got nosebleeds. Dan thinks it has to do with their time on the Island. The O6 start gathering to go back to the Island, but touché, Sun has a gun. And back on the farm…Jin is ALIVE! And hanging out in the past with a young, undead, pregnant Danielle Rousseau!
9:00 – We open on Sun, still in the car, watching Ben, Jack & Kate. She gets a call from her mom with Ji Yeon. She tells her kid that she met a new friend (i.e. Aaron). She takes the gun and gets out of the car. Over at the group meeting, Ben notes once again that Aaron is not Kate’s son. Sun comes over & starts waving the gun around, saying that Ben is the reason Jin is dead. Ben goes, hey, guess what? Not dead! And I can prove it. Touche, thinks Sun & Jack.
9:03 – On the Island, in the past, with the French people & Jin. One of the French people has a radio, which is broadcasting the Numbers. Jin is freaked out since Daniel’s not around to explain the Island time skipping situation. He is told that it is way in the past & he wants to go to the camp. The French people talk him into taking them to the radio tower first. One of the French people is clearly Danielle’s significant other. I’m going to go ahead & make up a name for him now…Pierre. Jin tells Danielle he wants to go to the camp because he thinks his wife is there.
9:06 – In the jungle, Danielle feels some pain but is okay. She is seven months pregnant & convinced it’s a girl. PS: one of the French people is missing. Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Smokey? Is that you??
Notes from Lost 5.3 Jughead February 5, 2009Posted by Amy Yen in Lost, TV.
Tags: Amy Yen, Lost, Lost 5.3, Lost Charlotte, Lost Faraday, Lost Jughead, Lost season 5 episode 3, StrawGrasping
add a comment
Okay, so I’ve been trying to decide how I want to handle covering Lost this season. Due to my severe lack of DVR, I doubt I can do live-blogs every week. But I’m going to try a couple of different formats & settle on something. I know this is late, but here are some notes from last week’s episode, Jughead.
Lost season 5 episode 3 Jughead
- Okay. Daniel declaring his love for Charlotte? I loved every second of it. It came out of nowhere, it was just the right amount of earnestness and, even as the awkwardness took over again when it was all over, I liked how, in the moment he said it, he was completely confident that he was speaking the truth.
- Pretty much, I loved every line out of Miles’ mouth tonight. He was like on a roll. “A hydrogen bomb? Seriously??”
- The Oceanic 6 did not once even cross my mind this episode. Frankly, I was a little bored by them in the premiere too. Hopefully they wrap this up quick & get them back to the Island sooner rather than later.
- Locke meets Young Widmore on the Island! Widmore was secretly sponsoring Daniel’s research for years! Daniel somehow screwed over a girl named Theresa! Daniel & Ellie are connected somehow! Man, I just don’t even know what’s going on right now. It’s like they want us to start suspecting that Daniel is actually bad or at least he did something horrible in the past. But since I like Daniel so much, I don’t even want to know. Though I’m glad, since we will eventually find out, that we’ll do it through Desmond’s eyes.
- So. Um. Is there a bomb called “Jughead” buried somewhere on the Island? Probably somebody should find that out.
- I love that Desmond & Penny’s kid is named Charlie. Aw.
- That Richard Alpert. This might be the first time we’ve seen him where he didn’t know more than the other person in the scene. Looking as youthful and as eye-lined as we remember him. Thought it was interesting he’s actually the leader during this time period. Also, when did Young Widmore leave the Island?
- Finally, Charlotte’s in serious trouble now. You’re running out of time, Dan. And he knows it too, from that final close-up, Daniel’s face, devastated, lost (no pun intended), panicked. I really hope she doesn’t die (this version of her or otherwise), although I would understand why they would make her.
- Overall, I don’t know why, but I didn’t love this episode as a whole. I loved a lot of little moments in it. There’s just something about this season that I haven’t settled with yet. And I really wish I had all the episodes to just blow through back-to-back.